Thursday, September 22, 2005

Squeak squeak

It's science Thursday. Let's talk about the subconscious.

I was given a plant cutting. No idea what it's called but it's a water-grass, which means it has to be kept constantly wet. Not just damp like a normal plant, but soaked. Constantly.

Which was a problem 'cos I'm forgetful. The chances of me remembering to water it every day were roughly zero. Ok, actually zero.

So I tried to figure out a solution. Wracked my brain I did.

And all I could think of was hamsters.

Hamster, hamsters, hamsters! I'd apply myself to water and plants and all I'd get was hamsters.

For three days! Bloody hamsters!

So "bugger this" I thought and just stood and watched the little scamps. Jumping and frollicking amongst my lobes, scratching in the sawdust, snuffling their little hamstery noses, drinking from the water bottle.

AH!!!

Drinking from the upside-downey water bottle thingies!

So now the plant has an extra large saucer with a stone and an upside-down bottle that only needs filling once a fortnight.

And that, Dear Reader, is the creative power of the subconscious.

Some may think messages like that are the word of a god, the touching of His Noodly Appendages, or the effects of a highly powerful pattern-matching network.

But I know it's my inner Hamster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home