Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Pyjama Club no more

Throgmorton has been "between contracts" since the beginning of July. Ugh. I've had a couple of close calls at finding that four letter word "work" but, at 38, I was deemed too old* for one job and "over qualified" for another.

For goodness sake!!!

But humanity has smiled on me: sent CV to Pan Galactic Corporate Bank on Friday, phone interview on Monday, three face-to-face inna-row today and I'm gainfully employed in their Krellian Relays department (all bar the paperwork).

Woohoo.

Of course it's always a shame to actually have to work for a living - no more duvet-days 5 days a week** listening to the rather excellent Radio 4***. Though I have of course jinxed it all by writing about it so soon...

Ps.

It's completely impossible to be grumpy while listening to Hayseed Dixie :-)


* "line manager" straight out of nappies who felt intimidated by the possibility of a team member with actual experience...

** no I'm not a chav scrounger: being a Ltd Company service contractor means I can claim absolutely no benefits what-so-ever (as fas as I've known) - that really, really means zero income between jobs!

** Andrew Marr is a particularly fine example of super-hero geekdom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home