Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Getting old

A good friend once said:
"You know you're getting old when you think young people dress funny and you don't understand their music"
I mean, girls with pot bellies hanging over their hipster trousers: does anybody think that looks good?

And I think Terry Wogan is really good radio in the morning.

And I've started making that YEUURGHH noise when I get out of a chair like my Dad does...

And the young hair-washer in the Barbers had a fantastic cleavage! [no wait, that's just me being a man :-]

Hmm, any other clues?




On the other hand hopefully Dad will be making those noises for a while longer yet as he had his op today.

But it was a difficult op and the surgeon did say that one more month and the tumour would have been too big to operate on – and yet the fabled Dr Martin didn't spot any of the symptoms for more than a year! Dickhead.

So the next thing to get used to is Dad having extensive chemo...

And, on yet another hand, my Dad's cousin also died of Colon Cancer just a few days ago so, now that a lot of the paternal side have gone the same way, myself, sibling Wallop-Wallop and a bunch of other male relatives will be signing ourselves up for the inyerendo-oscopy. Niiiice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home